Come dream with us! We’re a highly motivated staff team with a passion to be used by God to change lives, strengthen the church, and transform the world.
Consider how God may be calling you to utilize your gifts and experiences for exciting ministry with Pasadena.
At Pasadena Community Church, we’re a hardworking team serious about our mission to glorify God by making Disciples of Jesus Christ. Our teams work daily to be the hands and feet of God, showing Christ-centered grace to everyone — from our staff, who build exciting ministry, to our congregation, who lead the exciting ministry, both working together to spread Christ-centered love in our community. Our mission, vision, and core values anchor our daily decisions and interactions with our congregation, community, and others. Join our inclusive culture in one of the most historical churches in St. Petersburg. Find your home with Pasadena!
Why this role
As part of our team, the Director of Facility Operations plays a critical role within the church as they are meant to direct all church operations, including preventive maintenance, property management, safety and security, and much more! You will work alongside the facilities team and vendors to manage the upkeep of the church campus and support our ministries and events. This is an exciting time to join Pasadena and make an impact with Pasadena’s leaders, staff, and congregation!
What you’ll do
- Supervise/manage the facilities operations staff, ensuring adequate coverage by staff in providing for daily duties and special events.
- Provide hands on leadership, training, and expertise on commercial building maintenance trade areas including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, audio / visual, networking, fire suppression, fire and security systems, grounds, and general maintenance.· Provide an annual evaluation for each member of the facilities team.
- Work with the Director of Finance to maintain adequate contracts for jobs beyond the capability of the facilities staff. Ensure that contract terms and conditions are met and monitor each contractor’s performance. Maintain a list of acceptable contractors. Provide reports to Trustees as necessary.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term building and grounds maintenance and preventative maintenance programs.
- Prepare annual maintenance budget and after approval, manage expenses and identify and implement cost avoidance and expense reduction opportunities whenever possible.
- Review church calendar and work closely with the Office and Communications Manager and the Events Coordinator to support and provide proper coverage for all events occurring at church facilities.
- Ensure the opening and closing of all buildings daily. Alarm systems should be armed at appropriate times and tested periodically. Lighting and HVAC systems should be programmed and monitored to provide the proper conditions for safety and comfort while maintaining cost savings where possible.
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Develop and implement security programs for protecting church assets and site safety to ensure congregational and employee safety.
- Serve as liaison with local, state and federal agencies.
- Coordinate outside contractor work through soliciting bids and overseeing the proper completion of work.
- Establish priorities for work to be done and make assignments to ensure completion. Maintain database of jobs and materials. Oversee evaluation of any problems, breakdowns and malfunctions.
- Maintain adequate tools and supplies for maintenance and custodial crews. Provide the necessary security and protection for inventory.
- Provide support to church school for janitorial needs, building maintenance and student and teacher safety.
- Attend weekly Ministry/Administrative staff meetings.
- Serve as staff representative for other meetings associated with responsibilities such as Trustees and Building Committee meetings.
- Coordinate vehicle usage. Ensure that all equipment and church vehicles are in a condition ready for safe, optimal use by employees and volunteers. Design, record and implement routine and preventative maintenance plans for all equipment and vehicles. Provides drivers with paperwork as required by insurance company and gets the company’s approval of all drivers.
- Issues a schedule of events for the following week on no later than Friday of each week, ensuring all required personnel receive a copy.
- Monitor all clocks and alarms and reset when needed. Keep track of false alarms and required maintenance on the security system.
- Demonstrate continuing spiritual growth through worship, study, small group involvement, and prayer.
What makes you a great fit
A certificate from college or technical school; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have previous management/supervisory experience in the facilities maintenance field.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to write routine reports, memos and letters. Have the ability to speak effectively and make presentations before groups.
Solid knowledge of math as it relates to calculating figures for volumes, proportions, building and budgets. Possess the ability to read and interrupt drawings, sketches and blueprints.
Ability to use office copiers, email, phone and facsimile equipment.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and Committees. Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality, ability to interact with a diplomatic and hospitable manner, ability to make independent decisions with sound judgment, ability to multi task, perform job duties in a timely fashion, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates
Have a working knowledge of MS Office with a strong grasp of Word and Excel to prepare reports, budgets, and track data regarding the assets of the church. Be able to administer facility scheduling planning software, maintenance management software, and basic networking setup.
Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, assess and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Be self-motivated and possess the ability to deal with multiple situations at the same time. Understand, use and repair both manual and power tools and possess the ability to substitute parts when necessary.
How We Reward Employees
Pasadena employees have access to highly competitive benefits and rewards that support their whole well-being so they can focus on bringing their best selves to work.
- Industry competitive pay, with sign on bonus commensurate with experience
- 401(k) with up to a 4% employer match
- Comprehensive health plans that include a 70% employer paid option for full-time employee
· Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account options available
Unplug and Explore
- Take some time away from work with generous PTO, holidays, and a personal holiday to celebrate what’s more important to YOU
Still curious about who we are and what we do? Read more about Pasadena Community Church and our culture at www.pasadenacommunitychurch.org.
At PCC, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Salary: $48,000.00 – $54,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Petersburg, FL 33707: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Looking for a substitute bus driver to work on occasions when the normal bus driver is not able to drive. This is a paid position.
Must pass a background and physical test provided by our licensing organization.
If you are interested please contact Angie Hadley by email or phone at 727.381.2499 ext. 206
Well established Christian Preschool looking for experienced team teachers to work with lead two’s and one’s teachers. We are also looking for afternoon floaters for all age groups. (Schedule is perfect and flexible for college students) Full time and part time positions available. Morning and afternoon schedules available. We are looking for motivated individuals that want to grow and create a classroom culture of care and respect with young children. Seeking teachers that understand the importance of early childhood experiences and treating all children and families with love and respect. Our school has a fun atmosphere with high expectations for our staff, children and families. We have a great benefit package for full time employees that includes health insurance, vision, dental and paid time off. We also support continued education through the TEACH scholarship program and tuition reimbursement.
Pay rate is competitive and reflective off experience and educational level.
Team teacher candidates must have their DCF 40 clock hour modules completed. CDA is desirable and will allow for more opportunities at our school. Candidates that have an Early Childhood Degree (or in process) will get preference.
Floaters must be willing to get DCF 40 clock hours within one year of hire date.
Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
Pass a Level 2 Background Screening and drug screening
Please send resume to email@example.com or FAX 727.381.9037